Sunday, June 29, 2008

too hot for this shit.

Since i am back and cleaned up (but still too hot) I guess i will update this thing.

Trevor, Tracy and I took off for a camping trip/concert on Friday and it was part debacle and part awesome.

Since the place we originally booked sounded like it was a place for families/nazis we decided on scoping out other camprounds on the way and eventually found a place near Innisfail and set up shop.
Step one: set up tent in dark.

Oh, but I forgot to mention it was right next to a fucking road/highway and more or less one large ANT HILL.

Still, it was a place to sit and have a fire and eat and drink, which is all the matters.



Step Two: construct raging inferno

And step three would be sleep in a tent placed on top of what feels like rocks and tree stumps because they jab into your back real good.

But it was all worth it because the next day we cheesed it to Calgary, saw a movie and met up with Geoff.

Then we ate and went to Sledfest where we sat and waited and then stood and waited for Mogwai to take the stage. The only good part of this was that there were hot girls all about, and I got a shirt.


playing the waiting game.


Mogwai was fucking incredible and I can now cross off another thing on my list. I guess it could have been even more incredible had the crowd been a real crowd and the setting been a little more intimate.

Still, they sounded awesome for being so fucking loud and it's something I'll never forget.

All my shots of the actual show turned out like shit, so I won't bother posting those. Perhaps Geoff got something worthwhile. (ps. I still owe you for the ticket(s))



The man doing what he does best.

Then it was back to camp for...well, sitting and not sleeping because of how uncomfortable it was.

We were then to meet up with Geoff in the morning, I believe, and since Tracy had to be back we were going to try and find somewhere to camp closer to home, but that never happened.

I guess because we were pretty much sick of sitting out in the sun and fucking up our backs while attempting to sleep.

I suppose it would have been a better experience had Geoff joined us the first night we were there, but I guess I don't blame him for not doing so since the plans and communication were all pretty fucked from the get go.

Camping is weird. I don't mind it, but it really gets old pretty quick for me. It's not necessarily being away from all THIS, it really isn't. It's just, sitting around and relaxing and doing nothing is all well and good but only for a while I guess.

That, and it was too fucking hot out. I don't think there was a cloud in the sky on any of the days.

Next time I think we should all research an awesome place with a GOOD lake or river nearby (as in Part of the campground) so that we can go fishing whenever the fuck we want.

Camping would be better with fishing mixed in, but it never seems to work out that way.

Also got some short, but semi cool videos of a few things, but I'm too lazy to post those as well as all the other photos.


Burlap sack man lurks in the night

1 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

Way too hot out. The trip did have moments of awesomeness mixed with moments of debacle/what the hell are we doing now. At least we got out of that first campground, that would have been terrible.

My back still hurts and this house is a sauna, although not as bad as the tent was.

Mogwai was good aside from the waiting and all the damn mosquitoes!

Definitely would have been better if we planned better and Geoff was able to join us from the beginning....oh well, next time.

What a gong show looking for a stupid place to fish was....especially following roads right into someone's backyard/dead end hahaha.

9:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home