Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Shitening.

Today was a movie day.

I saw the incredible hulk with James in the day and then The Happening with Trevor later on.

Let me just say the Hulk was pretty solid, pretty much what I expected. The end fight was pretty awesome, but I think after about 20 minutes it was pretty much just the director having a CGI masturbation fest.

Still, good.

The Happening on the other hand....jesus.

Despite it being popular to hate on M. Night Shyamalan, I have pretty much enjoyed all his movies so far.

In fact, Unbreakable is one of my favourite movies ever, as is Signs.

But this was pretty awful.

I can buy the idea and the overall tone. I will buy into pretty much anything if the end result is 1.5 hours of entertainment. Seriously.

But you can't sell your possibly silly ideas when you write dialog this fucking terrible or have your actors deliver their lines like they are robots.

I seriously do not understand if those aspects of the film were intentional or not. It was that bad at times.

There were obviously some cool scenes, but far too many pointless ones to make the good ones matter.

As an un-intentional comedy it works pretty well. I had to hold back some SERIOUS laughter a few times. The people dying in random ways was hilarious.

I think Shyamalan is a competent director, he just shouldn't write AND also produce his own movies because he's either losing what edge he had or he's completely full of shit to think he can get away with this forever.

1 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

best movie EVAR!!!! I just wish more people shared in the same type of humor as we do, so that way i don't feel like such a tool laughing at it.

I thought bad acting went the way of uwe Boll.

5:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home