Friday, May 23, 2008

whatever.

I finished Okami yesterday. That was one of the best games I've ever played. definitely on my "top games ever" list.

I got a new xbox. I decided to just get the arcade unit (no HDD) and then just slap my old one on it to save some cash.

I watched Diary of the dead on Tuesday and it was a bit of a disappointment.

I heart you George Romero...but this wasn't all that great, pal.

I wanted Cloverfield with zombies, instead I got a movie with characters I didn't care about that just fell a bit short in pretty much every way.

The concept sounds good, you get some people shooting a movie, that then turns into a documentary about what the hell is happening in the world (hint: zombies) but the execution is just...meh.

Someone buy me one of those expensive cameras and let me film the damn thing.

I wanted shots like the camera man running down streets, ducking behind cars and peeking out to see a massive group of zombies get torn apart by heavy machine gun fire as his friends shrieked and wondered where the fuck to go.

I wanted some end of the world shit.

Can you imagine how absolutely visceral and exciting a zombie movie could be if it had the quality and style that Cloverfield did? (for the most part)

perhaps that's why it's disappointing to me. It wasn't that despite looking like it might be.

Not terrible, but you know...

I think they are already planning a sequel. They should hire me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I agree. They should definitely hire you.

And that you used the word "visceral" really turns me on.

Mmm..a broad vocabulary. So hot. ;) (I am serious too!)

11:29 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home