Friday, April 18, 2008

Music



M83's "Saturdays=youth" is something I'd been looking forward to for a good while. And now that it's here I wanted to let you all know (despite you not caring) that it is pretty awesome.

I can't rank it amongst their other albums, it's too early for that, but it's certainly better than the previous effort, which was a bit of a letdown in some ways (and yet so awesome in others).

The songs sound more like songs than on the other albums though...meaning, I can actually imagine hearing some of these on the radio. "Graveyard girl" and "Kim & Jessie" in particular.

Whether that's good or not, I'm not sure yet. It's just kind of odd.

I am sure that it's full of great music from start to finish though. If you like this sort of stuff, anyway.

Another band I wanted to mention is Faunts.

I first learned of them upon beating Mass Effect and hearing the end credits song "M4 (part II)". I did some research and got some of their CD's and have been listening since.

Plus, they are from Edmonton. That's kinda cool in my book.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Share the weaaaalth, maaaaan.

Seriously!

I wanna hear!

9:02 a.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

I've heard you mention these guys before, never gave them a listen though. Post-Rock? Ive been listening to allot of that stuff while playing Warcraft, really really suits the games for some reason.

Glasgow Megasnake + Eye of the Storm = Victory!!!!

11:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home