Wednesday, April 16, 2008

your guts are like mine.

I guess I'll update this thing, even though I have nothing to say.

I was prescribed some Amitriptyline the other day.

You know how when you get a prescription filled they always give you that little info sheet? It's always pretty funny to read because more often than not the common side effects to taking the drug are what the drug is supposed to be helping with. what's the deal with that?

oh and also the big "CHILDREN, TEENAGERS, AND ADULTS WHO TAKE THIS MEDICINE MAY BE AT INCREASED RISK FOR SUICIDAL THOUGHTS OR ACTIONS" warning made me chuckle.

All things aside, I'm not big on taking any medication unless I really have to, and I'm extra hesitant to take anything labeled an "anti depressant" but it's a low dose and I am primarily taking it as a sleep aid (so I take one two hours before I lay down) which is supposed to help with these pains/headaches I've been having.

So I'll give it a shot...but if it makes me feel any worse or significantly different in a creepy way I will stop and tell him to shove his meds.

but listen guys, if I start to act suicidal I want you to be straight up with me ok?

He also recommended I do some research on Fibromyalgia because it's a possible candidate for what might be bothering me I suppose.

In other non medication news...wait... I guess I don't have any other news or shit to talk about.

I am going to go watch some videos of girls making out. See you guys later.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

Hmmm says that it's prescribed commonly for insomnia AND fibromyalgia....two birds with one stone, sounds good to me! I worked with a woman once who had fibromyalgia and all she did was talk about how it affected her and how painful it was for her all damn day...don't do that, ok?

7:31 a.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

i thought anti-depressants are supposed to stop suicidal thoughts and stuff like that. I guess if it helps you go for it.

I pretty much have the same thoughts as you on drugs, i hate taking them, but if you need them and they help might aswell.

5:32 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Well...I hope it helps :(

But just so you know, I'll still love you even if the explosive diarrhea and extreme weight gain cause you to feel suicidal.

PS Don't die :(

12:59 a.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

Pills man. I'm scared of them. Almost as scared as I am of people.

12:53 a.m.  
Blogger D. said...

I know what you mean Geoff...but I am defeated.

As for explosive diarrhea... that would be alright.

I'd "accidentally" shit my pants at work and have to go home!

seriously though, they are 10 mg doses, once a day for 30 days (or until I decide that aren't doing shit all to help me) which isn't much.

I'm supposed to go back and see the doc in 2 or 3 weeks and take it from there.

8:08 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home