Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I always put a title after I type the entry.

I don't have much to say. Well, nothing important anyway.

Sometimes I forget this blog exists, then I'll remember and it doesn't really bother me. It could get deleted tomorrow and I wouldn't care much.

I might go create a new one or I might not.

The truth is create posts with very little reason behind them. Even when I'm writing about a movie I love, it's not really because I want you to see it particularly badly...so I don't know why I do it.

I'm sick and getting a little more sick I think. My throat is raw, I'm coughing up tons of shit and my chest is congested and heavy with god knows what.

It's not pretty. I guess I had it coming, my mom is getting over something similar.

I finally got to see The Darjeeling Limited and it was as entertaining as I'd hoped. (see, here I go again) sometimes if you sit back and really look at a Wes Anderson film you find they are quite...hell, I don't even know the word... It's like they are empty, but not empty at all.

A lot of people like to call them boring and ask silly questions like "what was the point of this movie?"

Me, they touch me in such a weird, weird way. They feel natural and they feel awkward at the very same time. They are funny and sad and often a completely perfect bittersweet mix.

I've been bad at checking other peoples blogs lately, and myspace pages and facebook pages. I've been lazy at checking everything online that I usually check and as a result I guess I sometimes feel a little left behind and out of the loop.

It doesn't really bother me, though. I think I left that loop behind long ago. I guess I just find it kinda annoying that so much of peoples lives are online and I have to sort through junk just to find out what's up with my friends and family.

I guess that's the world we live in.

So Matthew Good concert coming up, I guess Tracy got some tickets and hopefully got me one.

I am excited because according to his site it's a full band show and not just a solo tour. I loved the acoustic concerts I've seen, but you can't beat the energy and feel of a full band sound.

Okay, I just pulled this post out of my ass and now I'm all out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Well..for what it's worth..I like your out of your ass posts.

And I know I've only seen two of his films, but I know exactly what you mean.

And I, too, hope Tracy got you a ticket as well. I'm jealous though.

1:25 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

If Tracy didn't get you one, I'll see about securing one or two for the Calgary show.

...

There's going to be a Calgary show, isn't there?

3:11 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Matt Good is coming????????????????

Check your email i sent you an amazing piece, riveting, captivating, life changing if you will.

6:41 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home