Thursday, January 10, 2008

My enemies I fear not, but protect me from my friends.

Between watching documentaries about suicide, Brian Jones/Jonestown, David Koresh/Waco and also reading a shit load about Jack the Ripper my mom is starting to think I'm fucked in the head.

She doesn't really, of course. She just likes to bug me, but I think she wonders, if only slightly, why I watch or read these things.

It is because they are some of the most thought provoking and simply interesting subjects to me. There's no other reason.

And in the end, it's all part of history. I don't see the harm in wanting to educate myself on such subjects.

In other movie news Sunshine is fucking incredible.

If I had seen this in theaters when it came out I would have declared it my favourite movie of 2007.

Well, it still could be, technically.

The characters, the mood, the music, the visuals...everything about the movie was incredible. Even if you generally hate sci-fi films you should check it out because it is pretty intense.

That's all I've got.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Jim Jones.

After you mentioned watching that documentary I read a bunch about it..and it's still kinda bothering me. It's such a haunting subject. And yes, thoroughly intriguing.

We will watch a lot of documentaries, you and I...I can tell. It'll be good.

Anyway..hehe..at least your mom doesn't REALLY think something's wrong with you.

3:40 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Update, man.

Update.

3:50 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home