Saturday, June 14, 2008

Satan tempts us.

I got a Zune yesterday since the finally got released here.

( A picture would go here if blogger wasn't being such a piece of shit today)

I've been dying at work listening to the shit they play over the intercom. Mostly because it's the same shit on a constant loop it seems.

So this little baby is my way out.

I really like it so far. The interface is slick and easy to navigate as is the little touch pad thing. You can just graze your finger over it, flicking up or down and it will continue to scroll though lists as if it had momentum, so it's fun to play with.

The screen is gorgeous. I can't comment on how it compares to the newer ipods, because all I had was an old black and white piece of shit, but it sure is pretty, and large.

Anyway, Seems like the best route to go if you don't want to own an ipod (I never will again) plus you get to stick it to THE MAN.

sure, Microsoft is also a billion dollar company, but in terms of MP3 players, the ipod is untouchable.

For an underdog, this thing is pretty fuckin' nice.

The Zune software is also awesome looking, certainly better than the shit that is windows media player, but it doesn't support plugins so I'm back to using itunes for my computer listening.

Speaking of music, Mogwai is a fucking incredible live band. I've been listening to the Government Commissions album and it's mind blowing how good they sound.

Well, I'm off to bed, because that's the best cure for this fucking headache I've had all day.

8 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

I'd get it in pink...what size did you get?

5:06 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I know you didn't care for your iPod, but I've loved mine. I can't believe I've had it for over a year already. I just hate knowing that it, along with my computer, will probably be virtually impossible for me to replace once they DO finally go. Hopefully that won't be for at least three more years. Oh man. :( What a horrible thought. Anyway.

I'm glad it's all snazzy and fun. I think I'd have entirely too much fun playing with the dial.

9:23 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Zune i remember you talking about that a while ago.

I wouldn't mind getting a mp3 player, still don't have one. Not a big Ipod fan since i bought that one for my sister and had to spend a fucking week converting music just put it on it.

I was kind of pissed that company like apple who has pretty well a monopoly over the mp3 market would boycot formats like (wma).

Maybe theres away around I dunno, but i really really dont want to do that again. Does the zune handle wma formats to? Im sure it would.

Mogwai, i was youtube not to long ago watching live preformance, Christmas step, wow, that to me sounded like when we heard Matt Good do 21st century living live, WOW.

10:35 a.m.  
Blogger D. said...

That's probably what happens when you try and use a Microsoft developed format on an apple product.

It doesn't work.

Also because apple would rather you spend money in their little online store.

Also who the fuck uses .wma's anyway, get with it pal!

but yeah, they work on the Zune.

1:05 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

oh, also it's 80 gigs Tracy.

1:05 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Yeah i know that was my bad when i first started ripping i used windows Media Player, which auto rips WMA, so about 3/4 of my music is WMA and seems as i have zero plans of ever owning an apple computer i couldn't give a shit.

The ipod is marketed for both windows and apple, which is why i don't get why they wouldn't support it? Thats just dumb.

I also read somewhere that apple did include it but they wanted to be pricks and lock it out, but if you take apart your ipod or download something its supposed to work.

how much is the 80gig one? Im to lazy to go the best buy website and find out.

8:56 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

The ipod is marketed for both windows and apple, which is why i don't get why they wouldn't support it? Thats just dumb.

Because Apple has, since the dawn of time, been absolute cunts about proprietary shit and platform support.

Go Zune. I'm going to look at getting a brown one. Because I can.

12:32 a.m.  
Blogger D. said...

Sadly there are no Brown Zune 80's

which I found quite vexing. You could maybe order a 30 gig one from some American site, but then you're just wasting money.

Or just wait until they release a brown one, and I know they will. Jerks.

6:39 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home