Monday, June 02, 2008

Because you were home.




James and I watched The Strangers (in a nearly empty theater, yay) today.

I found the commercials and trailer to be intriguing and had hopes that it might be decent.

What it happened to be was pretty fucking awesome.

I don't know if I was just in the right state of mind or what...but holy hell I've not been so creeped the fuck out by a film in a long, long while.

Great suspense and some genuinely CREEPY (there is that word again) scenes are all over the place.

Of course, mixed with your classic "jump" scares and general horror cliches...but I've realized cliches will never disappear from films, especially horror, so it's best to just go with it and enjoy the ride.

I also have to admit sometimes I'm not scared by what is necessarily supposed to be creepy, so again... I could just be fucked in the head.

It's actually a remarkably simple movie when you think about it, but man...It worked for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home