Friday, June 01, 2007

Hospital Music

Well I just listened to "Born Losers" the first single off of Matthew Good's new album, and I have to say that it is fucking great.

But that's enough for me. I know the entire album is going to be available to listen weeks before it comes out, and I refuse to do it.

Call me old fashioned, call me crazy or even stupid, but I have this thing about waiting for albums from bands I really, really love. I don't stream, I don't download. I just wait.

Matthew Good, especially. I have a sort of tradition of buying the new albums the day they come out, getting into my car, popping them in and taking the extra long way home. Hearing it all for the first time is even better, believe me. I can remember where I was or what I was thinking the first time I heard each song off of Avalanche and those memories, however silly they may seem, mean a lot.

Anyway, this was mostly a post just to say I'm excited.

July 31 seems so far off.

7 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

I'm excited to. If he comes to Edmonton will you actually come with us to see him?!?!

9:41 a.m.  
Blogger D. said...

No, but I'll go alone!

see you there!

4:11 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

Of all the singles I've heard off his website, Born Losers was actually one of the worst.

That says a lot for the rest of the album, actually, since Born Losers was actually still a good song.

I'll probably be streaming the music off his site as soon as it's available, since there's no music stores in Drayton.

4:34 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

There are no music stores there? For real? So..where's the closest big city then?

8:06 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

I'm excited about it. I hope its all acoustic!!! haven't heard born losers yet.

I could of sworn i heard new Matt Good on sonic but i only caught the end of it and it sounded way to tragically hip to be him, but i dunno.

Black Helicopter is going fucking rock!!!!! the demo version was awesome.

10:33 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Okay i just heard it on myspace, and yeah it was the song i heard on sonic the end of it. Good stuff, i like the lyrics. He has a way with them.

10:37 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

"That says a lot for the rest of the album, actually, since Born Losers was actually still a good song."

yeah, exactly.

I think I'm digging lyrics more than than the music on this one, which is why I think it's great. I predict this will be the best album he's written.

6:19 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home