Friday, May 25, 2007

"it's like I'm having the most beautiful dream... and the most terrible nightmare, all at once"

Well here I am updating. This was originally going to be a long winded serious yet rambling post about certain things in my life that I am currently bothered by, but I changed my mind half way through writing that all out.

Guess I'll save that for some other time.

I think I'm going to have to get my wisdom teeth removed pretty soon here. Maybe. When I went to the dentist in January I was given my x rays as well as a referral to some other guy in Edmonton. I'm supposed to call and get them to have a look before I decide what I want to do...but like everything else i kind of forgot about it.

A few days ago my gums really started to hurt though and so I decided maybe I should do something about it. I was told there is no real rush, they aren't in horrible shape, but still. So I got my dental plan forms from the union (the ones I originally threw out) and sent those in. Now I'm waiting. Why bother paying for all of it if I don't have to?

Exactly. Although they feel fine now.

I finally got a region free DVD player. I ordered it off of some shady looking website almost a month ago and got it last Tuesday. It's good. No more sitting hunched back at my computer trying to watch spaced.

I also got Twin Peaks season one in region two form, I've had it for a long while and was waiting until I got the player to finally watch it. Region one copies are out of print and go for like $150 most of the time. And don't include the pilot. Fuck that noise.

Anyway, what a weird fucking show. I've only watched a few episodes, but it's easy to tell this came from David Lynch. If only I'd been old enough to give a damn in 1990 I might have already witnessed its greatness.

they really don't make TV shows like that anymore. Or never did. I really think it is one of a kind in the way it plays out with the wacky cast of characters (at least so far)

The other day I was curious as to how much room there is in the Rabbit if I fold the rear seats down. For some reason I wanted to know if I could sleep back there. It is hard to tell from this picture...but I really could have a nap back there and be quite comfortable. Throw some blankets and pillows down and fuck yeah.


Then again I sleep all curled up, so I could fit almost anywhere. Still, I find it pretty incredible especially when you consider how small the car looks from the outside.

Yup.

So instead of a long winded serious post you got a long winded "more of the same old crap" post.

Thanks for coming out.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

Hey I have that same window scraper! If your wisdom teeth are bothering you now then it's better to get them taken out soon. I think the only people who can get away with it are those who it doesn't bother, ever. I've never seen Twin Peaks....I'm not sure why I laughed about your comment about sleeping in your car but I did....funnier still that you took the picture to show all the room :)

9:31 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

Well shit. if I ever get real tired at work I think I'll just excuse myself and fall asleep back there. They'd never find me.

It also occured to me that I could lay some plastic down and use that area to store bodies and body parts.

11:59 p.m.  
Blogger Tracy said...

Very true.....about the sleep thing....

12:38 a.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:24 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Wow!!! That’s too much!!! I don’t think any movie is worth that much. So you bought that DVD player to play imported stuff?

12:53 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home