Saturday, September 09, 2006

this is the way it goes and goes and goes.

The past few weeks I have been sleeping terribly...Like very, very badly.

I am not the type of person to proclaim I have insomnia like some people do after not sleeping well for some time, but I sure as fuck feel like complete shit.

It's the type of thing where you lay in bed completely frustrated because you can't sleep. Nothing feels comfortable and you feel the burning in your eyes even when they are closed.

But eventually you fall asleep, or you think you do...Because sooner or later it's time to get up all of a sudden...And you're left wondering if you went through some kind of time warp because your body feels as if it has absorbed absolutely zero hours of sleep.

So you go through the rest of your day/night like a fucking zombie. Everything about everything pisses you off and all you want to do is lay down somewhere and die but you can't. And you question if you'll make it through the night.

Seriously.

I have been drinking nothing but energy shit and eating nothing but junk for the past few days out of absolute desperation to feel normal during my working hours.

Last night I was struck by a sickening feeling of dizziness from out of nowhere. It was as if the world was being run through some kind of cheap photoshop filter because everything looked so odd that it was making me light headed. I was 90% sure I was about to just pass out for about 15 minutes.

I sat in the bathroom and just closed my eyes for some time before splashing my face with some water and just dealing with it.

Eventually it faded but for the rest of the night my legs felt like Jello, which is both cool and annoying at the same time.

Oh I also developed a weird craving for chocolate milk and ripple chips with dip. An incredible craving.

So here I am chugging the shit back and gorging away. What the hell is going on.

maybe it's all related. Maybe I am about to just run out of gas or something. I don't like it.

Maybe it's possible that something is actually chemically or physically wrong with me and so I just can't sleep, but I am still inclined to believe it's something else just lingering in my head or bothering me on some other level. It's happened plenty of times, but not usually for this long.

It doesn't even really feel like my mind is that busy while I'm laying there, but really who knows.

I am going to cut back on caffeine and sugar. Period. If I crash and burn, so be it, but I am too dependent on the shit as it is.

This is going to be interesting!

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

You should keep us posted, seriously.

I hope you're going to be okay. :(

10:18 a.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

Have yourself a three-course meal.

I guarantee you'll sleep like a baby afterwards.

Either that, or you'll be full up and wanting to burn off some energy, but either way, it should result in a good night's sleep.

4:59 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Or maybe get a job that lets you work normal hours, just a suggestion. This night work tends to screw with people on a subconsious level.

Raines idea is a good idea aswell.

5:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home