Thursday, August 24, 2006

Giant

Well folks.

My car is pretty much toast. The other day my brother was driving it and barely made it home. I'd been having problems with it and have only really been going to work and back, but he took it somewhere for some reason and now it's fucked.

The thing pretty much stalled out as soon as he got home apparently and sprayed oil all over the mother fuckin' place.

Now when I start it up it literally sounds like a ticking time bomb, or as I told Trevor an old German tank. A mixture of both, really. It's quite fun.

This of course, means I am without wheels of my own. I've been using my sisters car to get to work and that's about it.

I guess I'll have mine looked at, but I'm willing to bet it's pretty much a goner. I'll probably do what I can and sell it for whatever I can get.

And then eventually get a new car. Or a new old car. Something. I really don't care right now.

Been thinking about hittin' the rigs for a bit with my dad, again. For the simple reason that you can't really argue with $2500 a week, right?

long work days and all, but who cares. If I'm gonna be busting my ass (or sitting on my ass bored, as it sounds) I may as well be getting some real money for it.

Then again, I don't even know if it's a real option. I've yet to ask or mention it, so we'll see.

I've been having these real weird, random memories pop into my head as of late. You know, good memories...But really, too much "good" nostalgia is just as crappy as having the bad memories stuck in your head if you ask me.

Because you always go over the "what if" type questions and it starts to wear on you.

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN GUY?

I'm done for now!

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I say the following with all of the love I have for you, which is a LOT:

If working with your dad is seriously an option, and if you would be paid even only $1000 a week you are a damn fool to pass it up.

12:54 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Just smash the fuck out of it or blow it up, then take the hundreds of dollars it costs to fix it, spend a couple bucks on a bargain finder and go from there. Vehicles are a pain in the ass, I pretty much try to keep mine top notch but sometimes I wonder if its worth it, a couple summers ago I dropped $3000 into it! The car is only worth $1500-2000, where does one draw the line?

As for working on the Rigs, the money is really good, but I don’t know about the whole never being home thing, I guess if you like that go for it man. If its just the money your looking for pretty much any Trade related job pays that, take for instance in the past two days I had 2 customers offer me jobs, one was for $30 an hour fixing trailers and boosters, the other was a guy who wanted a bunch of trucks rigged up. I turned them down since I promised my dad a year after I get my ticket, but still the jobs are out there If you want them. Then again if your Dad has an in for you and is willing to show you the ropes that’s pretty cool.

Memories I hate when you second-guess shit like that. At the time it seemed right, and ten to one if you re did that same thing it would turn out the same anyways.

10:15 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Okay, selfishly, if it meant you'd be gone all of the time and I would never get to talk to you...don't do it! :(

Sigh.

3:31 a.m.  
Blogger D. said...

Well it's actual less about the money than anyone could ever know.

I know trades offer good money, but the fact is I have no interest in doing something that...well, doesn't interest me...well, not making a living from it, anyway.

Which is why it's tough. I just hate when somebody suggests "oh pick up a trade, it's good money" that's all well and good, but not my main concern right now.

So, I don't consider myself a "damn fool". not just yet anyway.

I don't know. I guess I just want a change which is why it might be nice to just do it for a few months. the good money is a bonus, really.

The being away from home thing might bother me eventually, but it would be nice for a while, too.

7:33 a.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

I’m pretty sure Rig work is considered a trade of some sort unless your just going to be a labourer, which is pretty much what you start off doing at any shop around here. I’m just saying the opportunities of finding work without driving more than 30km around here is phenomenal, but like you said, it should at least interest you.

Still making $30 an hour just while you figure this shit out seems like the better idea. Then again you also don’t know if you like something until you try it. I’m not passionate about welding but it’s a job, and given the choice to work minimum wage doing my computer related stuff I went to school for or working welding at a substantial amount more. The choice is pretty clear.

Fuck that makes me mad sometimes, I graduated from computers in an over saturated market, so I pretty much wasted my time, unless of course the market flops again then maybe I can get something a little more than helpdesk at DELL. But hey I’m not complaining.

Maybe we should both just go on welfare rent a shitty apartment in a bad part of town, get shit faced every night and just waste away. Yeah that’s Plan B if Plan A (just giver) fails.

12:11 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home