Saturday, August 12, 2006

Chiaroscuro

Man oh man has it been chilly lately. Not quite freezing, but miserable all the same.

It sure does make it easier to sleep during the day and it's a nice to breathe the cool feeling air, but I don't think I'm quite ready for it yet. The rain seems to be holding off at least.

I was writing the other day, adding to my already (I think?) mentioned zombie story, and it's already grown enough to amaze me.

I'm sure anyone who writes fiction can tell you they put bits and pieces of themselves in their stories, SOMEHOW. I'm amazed, though, at just how much of me has been added to, of all things, a story about the undead.

It's gained a lot of depth that I thought it might never get, and so I'm at that stage where I know it's going to be a monster, and I'm ready to declare it as one of those things that will NEVER be done or seen by anyone but me. I have a lot of shit like that. It doesn't really bother me, as I don't write to entertain, or as a job (one can wish, though) but it's still a weird feeling.

Who knows though.

You know, kiddies, I should really get to the dentist one of these days. My mouth and teeth aren't in a great deal of pain or anything, but it's been said that a checkup twice a year is ideal. I've not been for a long, long time. Like...years.

I brush my teeth regularly and all, but that's about it. I have a sinking feeling that something is pretty fucked with my teeth though, like I'll open my mouth and the dentist will just gasp at the horror or something.

It's just one of those things I don't really think about. I mean nobody wants to sit there, mouth wide open while someone pokes and prods, but it should be done I guess.

Maybe I'll get around to it. Maybe.

I did the unthinkable a couple of days ago. I created a Myspace account. I was under the impression it had to be done in order to download songs from the music part of the site (as opposed to the slow as fuck streaming they offer). I'm not sure, but one thing is certain, I'll never really "use" it or anything.

I don't get what the big deal is or why it is so popular. I hear stories of people spending hours logged in, viewing pages, adding friends and I really have no idea why.

It's one of those internet things that is just beyond me. Then again human beings are beyond me.

And why the fuck was some douchebag named Tom in my friends section by default?

I chucked his bitch ass to the street, you can be sure of that.

I remain anti-Myspace even now.

I'll stick to blogging about shit that nobody cares about, thanks.

See ya later kids, I'm proud of ya.

6 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

Jesus man you got my attention, That story sounds pretty good, all i say is you better post it or atleast email me a copy of it. So one day when your a rich, famous and an acomplished writer comparable to the likes of Stephen King i can say i read your masterpiece before anyone else.

Dentists arghhh i havent gone in years either, i found as long as i dont eat chocolate nothing hurts, but like you im kind of scared of what the denist is going say, and the bill to fix my teeth. Still it might be good to go atleast once every ten years.

11:26 a.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Zombie story.

12:35 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:29 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

Myspace? Yes. As I told Steph, they're like assholes. Everyone's got one, but nobody except the really "special" ones are proud of it.

Tom? Yeah. I kicked him too.

Fuck. Now that I think of it, why the fuck do I have a Myspace account? Their blog system sucks chimp balls, and that's about all I really enjoy. Edit: The blog section, not the chimp balls. Ugh, it's early.

Oh. Now I remember. I started one to network with my old classmates. Big mistake? Maybe.

The dentists will likely clean your teeth, polish them, and tell you "ZOMG, you have like 1million cavities!" and then book you for fillings. Whatever. I find their criticisms to be the worst, because anyone who isn't obsessive compulsive has great difficulty brushing twice a day and flossing after every meal.

I like zombie stories. I guess I should get back to writing my own bit of gory fiction.

4:30 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Brushing twice a day isn't so hard, I don't think. It's brushing for LONG enough (2 minutes) That I would guess most people have a hard time doing.

Raine's right though, I bet all they'd find are some cavities, maybe, and MAYBE tell you that your wisdom teeth need to be removed, IF you have them.

5:25 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

PS I do understand that fear that they'd take a look and be all OHMYGOD YOUR MOUTH IS DYING PULL THEM ALL STAT. I always go in expecting the worst.

5:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home