Monday, July 10, 2006

Baptist Blacktick

Seems we caught some of the weather Raine has been getting.

Before noon today it started pouring like crazy. The skies were still sunny though, which is incredibly eerie if you've never seen it.
Then the thunder and clouds rolled in. This was the loudest thunder I've heard since I was a lad. It was incredible, same for the crazy lighting and wind.

I was actually watching the news at the time and they were talking about how there were minor showers in Edmonton at the time and that it was "hardly noticeable" so either they are completely fucked, or this storm missed them altogether.

My dog gets EXTREMELY scared and nervous during storms like that. He shakes like crazy and follows me VERY closely. He'll even try desperately to squeeze through the door if I go back inside, so I sat in the garage with him until it passed, he mostly paced back and forth but I settled him down eventually.

It's kind of funny watching him, but I also feel kind of bad.

In other news, it is amazing how much a simple car ride can lift spirits and clear your head. During my week off I had too much time on my hands, and too much time leads to nostalgic feelings and fear of the future, which kind of slam into each other and make me a nervous, grumpy wreck.

So I hopped in my car and just flew down the road listening to some tunes. I didn't go anywhere in particular, nor incredible far. Just far enough to know you've left it all behind for a while.

It's nice.

But it won't be happening today because my car is now officially fucked somehow. My brother drove it last, replaced the air filter and now it's acting up. As soon as it stops raining I shall pop the hood and see what is up.
I'm no car guy, but with his help I might be able to straighten it out. If not, it's off to Dwight the neighborhood mechanic. The car needs a good tune up anyhow.

Though I'm still wanting a new car. Just not new new...Because I cannot afford it, and really don't want to be making payments for the rest of my short life.

Well I'm going to go marinate in my own quiet, subtle rage. Adios suckas.

PS. Raine, everytime I'm done chatting with after a round of warcraft the word "cunt" just rolls off my tongue so easily. You should have seen my mom's face while I was talking about the mailman and his slowness.

Not that I blame you, but I think we threw it around quite a bit, and so it leaks out in my everyday conversations I guess.

the more you know

5 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

I was at work today and we got no rain till about 4:15 then it came down like nuts for 15min stopped and the sun started shinning. Greenhouse effect or some shit. Were so fucked, next year tornados, and tsunamis hitting Alberta.

You should get a new’er car, then bag the hell out of the Daytona, I’m seriously looking for someone to do a demolition derby type thing with, my piece of shit old topaz vs. your Daytona. Or just watch it drive off a cliff. Yeahhh that would be soothing.

6:12 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Aww, you sat with your pup until it was over! You're so SWEET. Hehe.. I guess your overuse/ease of use of the word cunt balances things out. Not that I actually find that term offensive. Speaking of your slowass mailman. BUBBLE GUM. And a couple of other things. SOON. I kinda like it when it is pouring rain and sunny at the same time. Trevor...i don't think tsunamis could hit Alberta even if they tried REALLY hard. But you were kidding, right?

6:42 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

Haha, man. I'm still chuckling about that. My parents have kind of gotten over the fact that I say fuck a lot. They used to spank me for it, but now that I'm bigger, they just figure it's my grandpa's genes at work.

Still... I can picture it.

Sarge gets freaked out by thunderstorms too. He hides in the basement where he can't hear the thunder as well, and he'll occassionally sleep on the couches if somebody keeps him company.

Generally, I can't say I blame him. Humans are very complacent about extreme weather. We've grown up thinking the lightning won't hit us and the twisters don't happen here. I think the pets know better.

1:55 a.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Thunder and lightning have always freaked me out a LOT. ...But I will say that I've grown a little less scaredy about it. A LITTLE.

4:01 a.m.  
Blogger D. said...

My parents are well aware I have a pretty foul mouth at times, and they usually don't say anything, but I always try and hold back on saying "cunt" for some reason.

So my mom doesn't hear me say it very often. Which is why she was surprised.

8:56 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home