Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Get that corn out of my face.

Trevor and I just watched Nacho Libre.

It was good, silly fun.

I am not a huge fan of Jack Black, but every film I've seen him in has made me like him more. This one probably the most of all. Seriously, just watching him stare or talk using his facial expressions was funny to me. Perhaps because of my lack of sleep. But it was hilarious. I think Trevor and I laughed at nearly every scene.

I think this film will end up like Napoleon Dynamite, in that it's a great, funny, well done film, but will probably get over quoted and watched by people...And then it will be cool to hate it based on its popularity, which is sad.

Same director and writer, so you know what you're getting into. It's the kind of humour that not all people enjoy. Lots of deadpan, lots of silence and lots of goofy nonsensical shit.

Watching Jack Black basically have fun with the character and not have to worry about anything else is cool though. I like those types of characters and movies.

2 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

Jack black flying out of the ring using his eagle powers to destroy ramsy, damn im still laughing at that.

Par none he is one of the funniest people alive, that Tenacious D album, is riot.

Other than Nacho i dont think ive ever seen another film of his Maybe i have?

11:15 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

Orange County.

Ummm, that's all I can come up with. There's a couple others, but they're so old, I'd probably get the titles wrong.

2:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home