Saturday, May 27, 2006

Last time here

I got Two CD's a couple days ago.

The first is The Album Leaf- One day I'll be on time and the other is Tristeza- Dream signals in full circles.

The album leaf is absolutely full of some of the most beautiful and thought provoking music I have ever heard. It's very dreamlike, the sort of stuff you can listen to while your mind conjures up memories and images of places you've never even been.

It's mostly acoustic guitar, piano and some electronic stuff, and it's brilliant.

Tristeza is the same, but has more of a "band" feel, or something. Think Mogwai but even more mellow.

I'm mentioning these bands because not only are they incredible, but it's as if the songs they wrote were made exactly for me, meaning...This is exactly what I like my music to be. It's incredible to me and I love the feeling of finding new music that you know is gonna stick with you for a long time.

So check them out if you've got some time and enjoy instrumental/post rock.

In other news the Oilers just beat the Ducks which means they are moving on to the Stanley cup finals for the first time since 1990.
For an eighth place seed to make it this far is pretty incredible, even if they don't win.

If they do win...Watch out, this city is going to tear itself apart.

My dad made a comment that he's been waiting 16 years for this, for our team to finally be back where they used to be and it made me think of all the times I would sit and watch playoff games with him when I was a kid.
I guess that's the reason I am so into hockey. It's been in my life for so long.

So, good work Oilers. This next round is going to be wild.

2 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

Seriously you should burn me a sampler of all these bands, I'm not sure how you find them but they sound pretty killer.

Also i caught the tail end of the oiler game on the drive home last night. Awesome man, you should of felt the mood in the city it was intense, people were honking horns, the city sounded like a chorus. One point some guy just about side swipped me giving me devil horns and screaming, It was awesome.

9:47 a.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

hehe..you canadians are CRAZY.

3:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home