Friday, April 28, 2006

Books

I just finished an utterly fantastic book.

“Every sigh, the end: A novel. About zombies”

It is perhaps one of the saddest, angriest things I have ever read. From the main character and his distaste for everything and everyone in his life to the utter hopelessness you feel while reading it.

It’s also brilliant for those same reasons. It’s moody and terrifying…and it has zombies in it. But it’s so much more. Government conspiracies, reality TV shows, some sort of time travel and Astral projection are all weaved into the plot and it’s incredible to see it all unfold.

One of the best books I’ve ever read for more reasons than the fact that I am a zombie/horror fanatic. Highly recommended.

It makes me want to read more books, but I find them to be risky, often I'll try my best to get into them, to like them, but it's all just an act because they don't do much for me. Every now and then, though, I find a book I really love.

Edit: oops, I forgot, I'm on to this one:

1 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

Christ man, where do you find these books? They sound like pretty awesome reads.

Last summer you leant me the Zombie Survival guide, awesome book.

Ive spent many of hours wandering around chapters looking for stuff like that and ended up coming out with books i rarely if ever get passed the first chapter.

I am working on the Davinci code right now, my Dad leant me his super deluxe edition (hes a pretty hardcore fan of Dan Brown) hopefully i can polish it off before the movie comes out.

I should lend you that cannibal book, disturbing as hell but entertaining none the less.

9:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home