Friday, March 24, 2006

I heart Encores.

Well, I just got back from seeing my hero play an acoustic solo show with Trevor.


Possibly the best concert I have ever been to. Firstly, because the atmosphere was so different. I wasn't standing in some stupid club/bar. No, I was sitting in a decent theater with a great view of the stage. It was awesome. No drunks or rowdy folks, just people wanting to enjoy some music.

I love his acoustic work, but I was curious how an entire concert might play out, turns out it was an hour and a half of pure awesomeness. Seriously.

Fated, So long Mrs. Smith, Hopeless, Can't get shot in the back if you don't run AND Prime Time deliverance = FUCKKKKKK YEAHHHHHH.

Among other awesome stuff. Seriously, the guy's a machine, he just kept playing (in between banter) it was a great time.

Also snapped a few pics as you can see. Most of them turned out a little too blurry for my liking, but some of them were decent.

Got a few video clips too, but I'm far too lazy to upload those at the moment.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

So THAT'S your top secret meeting spot!

A show sans drunk rowdy people is my idea of a show. Very neat. I'm glad it was gooood! Wish I could've gone. Maybe someday I'll get to see him perform. That would be very cool.

Okay. COLD. Goodnight!

7:02 a.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Fucking awesome, the only thing i didnt like, was no "21st centruy living" guitar riff and "The Rat who would be king".

That aside, It was awesome.

8:43 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

Yeah, it was quite an awesome show. When Matt does an encore, it's like a whole fucking extra show for free.

Did he banter about those disaster handbooks with you guys too? Or did he finally get his Anne Coulter book out?

10:57 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

he did a little of both, Mostly those disaster books.

He even asked if anyone had been to the Calgary show, and then said he'd just do the same fuckin' stuff then.

11:53 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home