Monday, March 13, 2006

When mutants attack!

Me and the boys saw The hills have eyes tonight.

You know earlier I was tempted to bitch about how horror remakes can suck my dick, but this one...This one was awesome. Dare I say it? Better than the original (which is either a love or hate film)

That's right folks, I enjoyed the Christ out of it.

You get that sort of hour long build up like in a lot of older horror movies, and I love it, because once the shit hits the fan, it's pretty much an intense ride right to the end.

I guess I had high hopes when it was first announced, afterall, it was directed by the same brilliant, twisted bastard that gave us High Tension. God bless the French.

Another cool part was the soundtrack, which is basically the original re-done to sound even more badass and creepy.

I think I said to myself on more than one occasion "this is the best movie I've ever seen". It's not, of course, but it's the best I've seen in a while and I love it for being so visceral and not holding back. In the age of the "pg" rated horror films and shitty remakes, this is a fucking gem. A work of bloody (literally) art.

PS. Never fuck with a cell phone salesman.

1 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

It was all right I can’t really judge it being that I never watched the original. I liked the retro70s 80s vintage horror soundtrack, with the whole john carpenter feel to it. In other news I watch to many films.

6:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home