Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I've never been more tired in my life.

Tonight I finally got to see Nochnoi Dozor (Night watch). It's been delayed so many times...And then it finally came out, in a limited release.

So Trevor navigated the mean streets of Edmonton to some independent theater (cool place) which is the only place playing it around these parts, it seems.

The movie is basically about the forces of the night fighting each other, the dark others vs. The light (the night watch) You get vampires, witches, shapeshifters and more. It seems the dark side are mostly vampires though.

The action was pretty cool, but I admit the plot was sometimes hard to grasp immediately, this is not a bad thing, it just requires a brain and some time to think it over after watching it.

For a movie coming from Russia with a modest budget, it had some awesome special effects and camera work, too.

I guess it would be easy to think of this as a underworld ripoff or something, but it's far more original and imaginative than Underworld could ever hope to be, and for that I love it.

Worth the wait, and since it's part of a trilogy, I hope to hell the others don't take this long to be released over here.

Time to pass out.

Goodnight moon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

"Shit!, My sausages are boling over, there going to explode!"

My one beef the theater was to hot, they could open a door or something.

1:39 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home