Sunday, March 05, 2006

Come on down.

I need a new job.

I know this because, save for a select few people, I want to scalp my co-workers alive. The mere sight or sound of a great deal of them pisses me off.

Which is fine, I never started working there to make friends or be in touch with them. I do my best to be civil with them, but even that is eating me up inside. I want to cut their heads off and play soccer with them.

and hey, maybe that makes me the prick. Maybe that makes me the scumbag who has no patience for stupidity and laziness and a complete lack of work ethic (tell me, how many jobs do you know where the people can get drunk/high out in the parking lot, I'd like to know) I don't care if I'm the prick. I can deal with it, and no, I'm not the ideal worker, but it's not rocket science, and I do more than what is required of me on a regular basis.

oh, but that's just part of it.

I am just so sick of the place, of the work...Of everything about it. Sometimes I feel I should just stay there because I owe them something...For some reason, or like I have to because I might be letting some people down...Today I realized I don't give a FUCK about a goddamn thing concerning the place. Not one thing. Not one person.

I have nothing to prove and over the next few months I am going to start looking for an out, because this is not what I want to be doing anymore, and not ever again.

And it's not easy for me to know what I want to do with myself. It never has been, so if it takes a while to figure it, then so be it, but it's going to happen simply because it has to.

Sometimes these feelings simply fade away and I adopt the "who cares attitude" It could happen again, but I hope it doesn't.

I really have no problem going to work all pissed off, it's a great motivator and I reckon it will grant me reason enough to give some folks a piece of my mind one of these days.

That, or, watch your newspaper for a story about a guy who killed his coworkers and burned the place to the ground.

Could be on the front page, even.

Here's hoping.

4 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

Jobs a job man, the only difference is you have to get some enjoyment out of it. Moving on might be a better idea, get one of those jobs that offers you a “career” and pays good. People say money keeps a guy at job, I think that bullshit, if you don’t get some enjoyment out of its, its not worth it.

I always envied you guys (Ryan, James, D) Simply because High School never really ended for you; you get to work together, with all your pals. That would be enough to keep me stuck in a job I am not found of, but then again I don’t know, Maybe its just time to break away and do something you like.

I’ve been feeling like that lately, except not so much with work as I want my own place, I am almost to the point where I don’t care how much it is I just need something different.

Change is good.

Then again I’ve never been good at this life stuff

2:46 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

Of course I like you Ryan.

But I've not been in the mood for much talk at all anyway...unless someone else asks me something. Which is kind of annoying in its own way, at least you recognize when I'm pissed...not that I'd scalp you or anything. It's usually other people.

Been feeling like shit in a whole lot of ways, I guess that's all. Just don't take it personally.

And Trevor: yeah, well, the biggest reason I still work there is because Ryan and James also work there, it's pretty much the only thing that makes it worth it. I don't give a fuck about money either way.

If I could get a job I actually enjoy, I'd take a pay cut any day.

I dunno. time to figure something out, I guess.

2:58 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

There is such thing as a letter of resignation.

Umm, of course, my suggestion would be to attach it to a parcel filled with human excrement. I think that would get the message across.

Just think. They would pick up this little manilla package, and feel that it's still warm. I think the game would be up immediately.

I can't stand douchebaggery in workplaces. It's part of the reason I quit my first job. Fortunately, we live in Alberta, and that means everywhere is hiring. Just think of where you want to work, and spam them with resumes, and if that doesn't work, the blood threats.

What's the worst that could happen?
Oh, and don't take any of their workplace counselling bullshit. Just hand in your resignation, and when they ask why, tell them straight up that it's because they suck.

10:52 a.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Workplace counselling?
Alberta full of employment opportunities?
Say what?

When I was planning on quitting Pier 1 my dad suggested I burn to a CD that song, "Take This Job and Shove It" (or whatever it's called), and hand it to my boss before walking out.

When you start feeling homicidal it's definitely time to bow out.

8:53 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home