Monday, May 22, 2006

I'm not sick. I couldn't help it.

Well, Trevor pretty much said all I was going to say in his latest post, but here goes anyway.

Him and I saw See no evil tonight and it's safe to say we both had the lowest expectations possible, it being WWE (yes, the wrestling company) film and all.

Now, it was a pretty mediocre film in many regards. Being a horror fan it's easy to see all the twist and turns coming. It was pretty standard and the acting wasn't exactly good, but the movie is a winner for one simple reason:

it was fucking hilarious.

I don't know if Trevor and I are just morbid motherfuckers, but I was almost in tears from laughing so hard, and near the end I just couldn't hold it in.

As Trevor said it's not that death is all that funny, it's just the way it was filmed. Watching some old bag get thrown clear across a room into some SPIKES that just happen to be sticking out of the wall is hilarious to see, mostly because it showed her flying toward the camera before we hear the meaty THUD. haha.

Now, I watch plenty of horror films with plenty of deaths and most of them do not make me laugh one bit...But there was something special about this film.

One of the best scenes is Kane finding a hiding girl because her phone starts ringing, so he proceeds to literally shove it down her throat...Like RIGHT down her throat, and then she chokes to death. I laughed and smiled because There are so many people I'd love to see that happen to, you know, like those prissy bitches who live with a goddamn phone attached to their ears.

Take that.

I like to see people die in the bloodiest, funniest and most imaginable ways, and this movie brought a lot of that to the table, it was not overly bloody but it was gruesome enough to keep me entertained and hilarious is so many ways.

Best Comedy of the year.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

hehe..I just want to hear and see you laugh that hard. For that reason alone I'd watch it with you!

8:26 a.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

hahah I forgot about that part. Crying man I was trying my best not to fall over from laughing as we left the theatre.

As a new rule I'm not holding anything back anymore, if I find it funny fuck it I am laughing. Morbid humour or not I am laughing.

5:28 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

Shit guys. Just... shit. The stuff you get away with. Try that in Calgary, somebody'd slide a knife between your ribs just for making a noise.

But I see, just the fact that WWE made a movie would be enough to have me in stitches.

3:53 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home