Tuesday, July 04, 2006

man am I thirsty.

Alright, so I saw Superman Returns with Ryan and Trevor tonight.

I am not a Superman fan at all. I know enough about the character, but that stuff is common knowledge to any person who grew up watching cartoons or reading comics.

So I had low expectations for the movie.

I ended up pleasantly surprised. I liked it A LOT more than I thought I would. I think it takes a different route than a lot of other comic book films, in that it isn't filled with super awesome action scenes (although there are some), it just seemed more emotional than most others for some reason.

I'm no comic book nerd, so I won't sit here and pick apart the film like most people love to do, but I definitely think it is worth seeing, I give it the thumbs up. Hell, the scene with the plane alone makes it worth seeing. That's some awesome shit.

In other news I got a haircut today. The Solid Snake mullet has been retired for the time being, which is kind of sad for some reason. It's purely a comfort thing, because it's too fricken hot these days, plus I just got tired of having so much damn hair. It's nice.

Now I'm going to retire to my fortress of solitude.

goodnight moon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Geoff said...

I saw it as well, only on the IMAX and some parts were in 3D.

The 3D parts were ill-chosen and didn't really add much to the film.

But otherwise I agree with your statements.

They needed to show more of what the kid could do though.

4:58 a.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

I thought it was pretty great, except Kevin Spacy that guy is a douche.

9:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home