Friday, July 14, 2006

Since life is pretty much shite, I've found myself looking forward to the Monday night movie, which was supposed to be A Scanner Darkly.

Thinking ahead, I went to go look up some showtimes.

What did I find? The only theater in all of Edmonton that is showing it is the Princess theater, some small independent dump.

And I'm mad

What the fuck is it with these movie companies? They advertise and spend money and still give great looking, original films a limited release. I don't get how it works, is it somehow super expensive to have it playing on more than one screen per fucking city?

Or how about the big movie theaters that actually run previews for it, and call it a "coming attraction" hell, they even thow up posters for it, but when the times comes, is it going to be playing? No, of course not.

Maybe it's the people. The people who are too busy only watching movies about pirates or superheros, or...jesus fucking christ, men trapped in the body of a baby?

Dear sir, you mean to tell me your establishment is proudly showing that gem of a comedy film "little man" but won't show a potentially brilliant and stylistic sci-fi/drama film"A scanner Darkly"?

Fucking IDIOTS.

Anybody who buys a ticket to Little man should get a coupon for a free bullet to the fucking head, compliments of me. That's right, FOR AN UNLIMITED TIME, I'll pay for the bullets.

Cunts.

and to anyone thinking:

"But Dan, aren't you going a little overboard? it's only a movie!"

you're only a piece of shit and I hope you die.

Well maybe not death, but you're a piece of shit and I'm sorry but this is bullshit. It's happened before, too. It's the only thing holding my fragile life together! can't you see!

The only thing that can calm my nerves right now are some sweet, sweet naked SuicideGirls








That's the stuff.

Over and out.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Anybody who buys a ticket to Little man should get a coupon for a free bullet to the fucking head, compliments of me. That's right, FOR AN UNLIMITED TIME, I'll pay for the bullets.

I agree. Every time a stupid movie like that is released I feel like smacking the shit out of the people who conceived it, paid for it, and saw it come to fruition. The money put into all of those piece of shit comedies (which I'm sure in your mind includes all of the movies I like) should go to people who need some help. Makes me mad. The fact that a person can gross multiple millions of dollars a year for making one movie makes me mad. And what Bill Gates earns. Don't even get me started.

BUT YES.

I UNDERSTAND YOUR FRUSTRATION.

That's amazing the false advertising they do by posting posters for the movie. Bad business practice if you ask me!

I am sorry.

2:14 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Hahahha

Jesus your mad, first off I believe it’s a independent film meaning that probably all the money spent on it went into filming it, so opening on a pirates of the Caribbean level is impossible.

Secondly watching shows in the little theatres a bizzzillion time better then paying those corporate whores, tons of cash, they are bitch to find the but the atmosphere is better.

Thirdly were seeing it… end of story, Ill fucking drive so you just worry about not being tired and wimping out end of story.

7:42 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

Money vs. Content.

Money always wins man. Money always wins.

Also, of note, it theoretically costs nothing to show a fucking film on the big screen if the theatre has any advertisement deals up whatsoever.

Fucking cunts. Fucking fucked up cunts. This is one of the many reasons why I'm not a movie person. The movie industry itself is a parody of a pile of shit. I just wish somebody would burn it all down, and everyone would have to start indie again.

10:11 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Did you SERIOUSLY pay money to see that movie Ryan?

2:40 a.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Good.

11:26 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home