Monday, July 17, 2006

let's probe a little deeper.

SO, HOW IS EVERYONE.

I don't really care, but I thought I'd ask. No question mark means I don't really want you to answer.

Trevor and I saw A scanner darkly tonight. After all my bitching in the previous post, I have to say it was worth it. And then some, even having to deal with finding the damn place (way to navigate, T-bone)

Just LOOKING at the film is amazing. It's filmed normally (but without all the high tech cameras and shit) and then rotoscoped over top, so you get an animated film that isn't quite animated. It looks incredible in motion, so it's hard to look away.

Aside from the style factor, it was incredibly funny. Robert Downey Jr. going on about how many gears are on his new bike and such is made hilarious because of the way he delivers his lines in such a normal, rambling way. That guy is TALENT.

And of course it's also thought provoking and confusing as all hell at times, which is exactly what I expected it to be. I want to watch it again.

I'm sure underneath it all there's a bit of an anti drug message as well. Seeing these characters become paranoid and insane is funny to see, but terrifying in a lot of ways.

I'll save you all the plot details, because if you plan on seeing it, you should just do so without knowing much about it in that way.

Movies like this make me love movies in general.

Awesome.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I will see it as soon as it's out on video!!!!

1:18 a.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:44 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Pansy?? well maybe i dont know but the way he act's is fucking hilarious. Its not deliberate either which makes it even better.

5:44 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home