Thursday, July 20, 2006

nice bass!

Yesterday my dad and I loaded up the boat and hit Jackfish lake for some fishing.

It was the first time we've had it out on the water since last summer and it started up and ran well for an old hunk of junk.

I managed to reel in two nice sized pike while my dad landed 6. Of course. We had a "Twenty bucks to whoever catches the first fish" deal, he won that. But it's double or nothing next time, I told him.

I think we were out there for two and a half to three hours and I fried like bacon. the sides of my face, my neck and my arms are redder than hell. I take pride in my pasty white skin tone, so it sucks. It's also pretty painful, especially my neck area.

Fuck the sun. I can't believe people actually like to tan. that's always been a bit twisted to me.

Still, it was nice to get out and breathe some air. It was also the first time this summer I actually fished, since the camping trip was a joke. That felt nice too.

Fishing is definately one of my favourite activities.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Hehe..oooh Danny...I'm sorry!

I like your pasty whiteness as well.

I think a burned neck and forehead are the worst. Oh, and calves too.

I don't mind acquiring a tan, but I definitely don't WORK to get one.

What bugs me are the hundreds of idiot people who go to tanning salons. It's just as bad as smoking cigarettes. You pay money to up your risk of some sick cancer. Genius.

I'm sad I missed you this morning. :(

12:00 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

Yeah, it'll be called a Great Bear.

6:25 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

haha Great Bear Lake, christ i bet there is like 50 pounders in there. That would be awesome, battling a fish for a whole day before you reel it in. Thats fishing man.

On the subject of tanning, using those tanning beds and whatnot are supposed to condition your skin so you dont burn as easy. Or just stay indoors it works for my pasty white skin.

6:46 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Yeah, they can condition your skin, but you're still exposed to UV rays.

9:34 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home