Monday, January 16, 2006

Sore thumbs and awesome memories.

I got the Mega Man X collection a few days ago. I've been playing it and ranting about how awesome Mega Man is to everybody.

It includes X-X6 as well as Mega Man: Battle and Chase (some racing game I've yet to unlock).

Anyway, the moment this was announced it was a must buy for me. Mega Man games pretty much define the "holy fuck these games are hard" 2-D shooter genre. I've always preferred the X series because it just seems more gritty, futuristic and fun.

I'm trying to beat the games in order, and I'm at the last area of X at the moment. It took some experimenting, but I was able to remember the order to defeat the bosses, as well as where all the upgrades are.

My thumbs are killing me, but I just wanted to say how amazing it is that these games flood my mind with cool memories of playing them when they first came out, you know, staying up all night, wanting to put my fist through the TV, etc.

It's fucking awesome.

Like the Mega Man anniversary collection before this, anybody who wants some oldschool challenge and FUN should grab this disc as soon as possible.

Long live Mega Man!

5 Comments:

Blogger Geoff said...

Zero roxxors my soxxors. I only have X4, but I beat the game with him, and only him.

1:38 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Please, Raine, I beg you, PLEASE never say something "roxxors my soxxors" again. :P

Well, DanielO. I posted about Mega Man. But you didn't answer my question--which depiction of Mega Man do you prefer? Since the one I posted was HORRIBLE (though huggable).

Siiiigh. I feel like a loser because until you, I'd never even heard of Mega Man.

Donkey Kong Country is still where it's at for me.
And old Mario stuff (Super Mario Bros. 1-3 and Super Mario World).

2:46 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

Zero is pretty awesome too, but come on, Mega Man could kick his ass.

4:37 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Man those games take me back, especially X not to mention Contra the Alien Wars. I remember button mashing the hell out both those games over at D’s if I am not mistaken back in grade 5. Frustrating as hell at times, but fun none the less.

Still very few games have touched me the way Mega Man 4 did, by far the best of the whole series.

5:41 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

D., that's it. Throw down. I'll intercept your charge shots with my girlish purple sword-blade.

Renzokuken!

Oh. Double Jump. I win.

11:27 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home