Sunday, January 08, 2006

Indigo...The colour of LOVE.

I just finished playing through Indigo Prophecy.

I have to say, it's got one of the best stories I think I've seen in a game.

It starts with your character in a diner restroom, you murder a man by stabbing him several times for no real reason...
As soon as that part is over they just toss you right into the game, you're there in the bathroom trying to clean up bloodstains and move the body while they split the screen in two and show a cop approaching the door...It's fricken intense, and the game is absolutely full of moments like that.

Eventually you play as two other characters who happen to be cops in charge of the case.
The story unfolds and you find out why this guy did what he did, how he's changed and who is behind it...And let me tell you, there are plenty of twists and the plot is thick enough to make your head spin.

I loved it.

It reminded me a lot of old point and click adventures, most of the game involves walking around, talking and interacting with objects. Literally everything you do seems to have an impact on the story and advances the plot in some way or another.

The action scenes play out like a game of "Simon says" you basically press the arrow keys to match what is on the screen, it gives the game a real cinematic look as you feel in control, but more or less get to sit back and watch some awesome shit happen...Unless of course you fuck up.

Anyway, I could go on for hours and hours.... It's a real cool game. It gets a little crazy/confusing near the end, but if you like supernatural/sci fi games that play out like a great movie, than this is one to play.

More games need to tell stories like this. It makes me realize that games are a medium which can easily challenge movies and books and almost be called "art".

3 Comments:

Blogger Geoff said...

I'm glad you liked it.

Some of it was a bit weird though, like the Purple Clan, etc. But the Oracle was awesome, as was the Chroma substory. Unfortunately, with the North American version, we don't get the sex scene, but still a great game all around.

Especially the rooftop fight. That was intense.

10:47 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Baby, in the game of love, you win every time.

WINKYWINK

12:14 a.m.  
Blogger D. said...

the sex scene stuff pisses me off.

Not because I'm some perv who wants to see a sex scene (okay, I am, but there is more than that) It's censorship that pisses me off.

The game is all about telling a very mature story and it just bites to have anything cut out.

But yeah, pretty damn cool.

8:31 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home