Saturday, December 17, 2005

don't know what I'm doing here.

I woke up last night and felt a funny feeling in my stomach. I tried my hardest to brush it off, but as I finally lifted myself out of bed...I knew it was no good.

I ran to the bathroom and proceeded to puke into the toilet.

I've not vomited in years but those feelings came back to me in an instant, the feeling of your body feeling as if it's on fire, and the cold sweat that follows it.

I got incredibly light headed and sprawled myself out on the cold bathroom floor for a good 15 minutes, and I swear to godI could have died there. I wanted to.

I eventually ran some water over my face, called work and crawled back into bed. I slept for 10 hours and woke up this morning feeling even worse.

Why it it my entire body is in pain? My neck, my legs, my back...I cannot find any comfort, which is why I'm here right now, I guess.

My head feels heavy and the room keeps spinning (it's very seriously taken me half an hour to write this). I want to sleep, but as soon as I cover myself up I feel the sweat coat my body, and as soon as I get back up, I get shivers.

Why does shit like this come from out of nowhere?

I want to die.

3 Comments:

Blogger Geoff said...

This, my friend, is influenza. The aching comes from your muscles literally cooking themselves from the inside out in fever. The chills and the sweat are the work of the fever itself. The vomiting? Yeah. That's still the same from when we were kids.

Try to drink as much water as possible. Hang in there.

Don't die. If you die, I will kill you.

6:51 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Ditto on the killing you.

Death is not permitted within this circle of friends.

4:27 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Thats weird comming on like that? usually I just get a sore throat of something for a bit or a cough and gradually get sicker but to have it blast you down like that. Then again maybe thats normal for you?

Sleep, water, and lots of the delicous syrupy red goodness, sent down from the heavens (nyquil). It tastes good and usually your feel tons better in one night.

10:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home