Tuesday, November 08, 2005

May

I just watched the movie May and decided I had to write about it.

It's about a shy, quiet and ultimately lonely young woman who has never really had any friends and has always been considered "weird".

though the case labels it as a "horror" film it is much more than that. The first 3/4 of the film are heartbreaking and touching in some ways, and then the last little bit is creepy and gory and weird...But I loved it.

It's filled with these awkward scenes that just sort of make you smile, because she's (May) trying to act normal and hold a conversation, but she's not made that way, and so it feels very real and it's kind of sad, but I personally really liked the character...Until she started to get REAL weird, then it's just kind of creepy... But still it's a movie with character that makes you care (or at least made me care) what happens in the end.

It's a great movie that makes you think and feel. I mean really, what is "Normal" anyway, right?

1 Comments:

Blogger Geoff said...

Amen to that.

Sounds like a good movie. I might have to take a gander, the next time I have some free time.

ie. Maybe around Christmas.

8:19 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home