Saturday, October 29, 2005

Fear.

I've been playing the PC game F.E.A.R.

It's goddamn creepy. Basically, it's about some sort of elite squad trying to track down some cannibal/vampire/freaky guy. I've only played about an hour and a half, so I'm not sure of much more.

I'm amazed at how many times it has made me jump. There is this creepy little girl who shows up at the scariest times. Sometimes she'll just laugh and sprint across the screen and other times you'll see her shadow cast on the wall...but then you turn around and she's gone...I don't get it...But my god does it make me jump. You also often catch glimpses of other very...Weird things. They like to play a lot of tricks on you.

Add to that some very weird flashback/dream scenes as well as some incredibly intense gunfights and you've got one hell of a scary time. I love it, but I have to play it in short bursts or my head would explode.

I love scary games, and I think in a time where movies don't seem to do it for me anymore, they are becoming even cooler.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Catherine is always talking about Silent Hill. She and Chris play it together all of the time and I guess it scares the shit out of her. Have you played it? My guess is it's for Play Station, and if it is, then you haven't...or maybe you have. Your brothers like Play Station, don't they?

Anyway.

Tonight definitely would have been more enjoyable had I spent it playing Donkey Kong Country or Super Mario Bros. games.

Sigh.

1:21 a.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

Silent Hill is one of the scariest games I've ever played. I just played SH4 not long ago. Fuck. FUCK, I'm never renting a one-bed apartment. Especially not if it's got a hole in the bathroom, and a Sword of Obedience in the chest by the clock.

12:17 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

Truthfully I could never get into the Silent hill games...I dunno why. They are supposed to be creepy and disturbing, but all I recall was being annoyed by the control and other stuff. Maybe I should give it another shot...just as soon as I finish Fear.

1:11 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home