Thursday, October 13, 2005

Fuck I love movies.

I watched Oldboy yesterday. It is a Korean film about a guy who gets locked up for 15 years and has no idea why...And then one day he is released and goes on a quest for knowledge and revenge.

It was pretty cool, lots of interesting plot twists and tons of style.

There is this one fight scene in a long hallway that is done all in one take. Fucking awesome, I love shit like that. As a director, I think that is the best way to show some skill and originality, as opposed to editing tons of takes together to form a scene...which is the way it is generally done, sadly.

I also find it strange that I actually notice and enjoy things like that, but I cannot help it. It's just cool (though I had to research and see if I was right.)

I also watched It's all gone Pete Tong.

It is directed by the same guy that did Fubar (which is one awesome movie) so I knew it was going to be good...And it was. The guys from Fubar even make an appearance...I can't help but laugh everytime I see them.

Anyway it is about a DJ who goes deaf after years of mixing and heavy drug use and tries to make a comeback. It's both hilarious (the first half of the film) and genuinely touching for the last half.

Absolutely recommended.

So yeah, I fucking love movies. I think I'd have gotten a little too tired of life by now if they never existed.

That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home