Monday, September 26, 2005

"I hated to drag you out of bed at this time of night. You'll soon see why I did"

I watched Invasion of the Body Snatchers just a few minutes ago.



What a great film.

Sure, it's old (1956) but I was seriously entertained. Plenty of older films are just pure cheese, especially these days, but this one was different.

there is a whole lot more to it than just an alien invasion theme. It's much more subtle, more about human beings, paranoia and conformity.

It wasn't scary in the least, but it was damn fun to watch and lacked a lot of the cheesy B-movie crap you might think it would have (even though I sometimes eat that shit up).

It was simple in that there were no flashy effects or big name actors...Just a well written and acted script, as well as some REAL awesome camera work/angles later on in the movie.

I think this movie is gonna make me go on a 1950's film kick, back when sci-fi was original and cool.

Holy shit am I tired.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeese

10:58 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:01 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

{edit: stupid tab key}

bah, I watched a version of it a couple years back, made in the 70's if i am not mistaken and found it to be pretty weak. Just lots of vines or something that they were passing off as aliens if i remember correctly. Cool concept but meh. Then again its been a while since i saw it. I could be thinking of another movie all together.

Jon, i think the movie your thinking of is called The Visiting.

7:04 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

Yeah, they remade this in the 70's as well as the early 90's.

I hear the original 1956 version is the best by far, and I wouldn't doubt it. It really is a cool film.

3:05 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home