Sunday, September 04, 2005

Bad week.

This work week of mine has been complete shite so far. The job in general has just been pissing me off, demanding time when I don't feel like giving it.

It happens, suppose.

I didn't think anything could top Saturday in terms of being bad, but last night was even worse, there were about 6 people working, so pretty much nothing got done.

which is shitty, but the worst had yet to happen.

With about 5 minutes left on my shift I was using a pallet jack to move (large, heavy) pallets of stock and ran over the back of my foot.

...Now, when I say "ran over" I mean it sort of caught the back of my heel and went a little up and over the side of my ankle/foot. I had to actually kneel/lay down and physically remove my foot from underneath the goddamn pallet.

The way my foot looked made it seem like my ankle was broken pretty bad, but I guess it looked a lot worse than it really was.

but, believe me when I tell you, it was the most painful thing I've ever felt.

I told my boss who did nothing but laugh. (the fucking wanker that he is), so I walked it off as best I could and finished what I was doing.

It feels much worse now than it did before, I don't think it's broken...I'm no doctor, but common knowledge tells me it would be impossible or even more painful to walk than it is right now, so...I guess I'll be shuffling about and in pain for the next little while.

The thought of not going to work tonight crossed my mind, but it's a holiday and I want the time and a half wage. So I figure I'll just limp around like useless fuck and take their money.

Take that, bitches.

6 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Maybe something wound up fractured? If so, and you want to have it looked at, you can get workers comp. to cover the costs. Here all you have to do is submit a written claim of the injury within 4 days of the accident. If your doctor says that you shouldn't be working, then you still get paid for all of your scheduled hours for however many days it is you will be out of commission.

All of that said.

Goddamn that must have hurt!


What was on the pallet?

11:35 a.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Shitty man, I am pretty sure that the fact that your still walking is a good sign, the pain it always hurts the worst in the inital hours. It still wouldn’t hurt to get it checked out though.

You should at least take the night off and let it heal up. If its still hurt like a SOB get er checked out.

12:04 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

I think it was a bunch of bags of dog food on the pallet.

I think I'll go in to work tonight, even if it's real bad, so I can talk to my boss, and get the papers if I need them.

we'll see how it feels when I wake up, but right now it seems worse.

I'm not big on going to get it checked out, but if it doesn't feel even remotely better by tuesday, or I'm told (by work) to get it checked out, I probably will.

12:26 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

Compare one foot to the other. If something looks fucked up, get it checked out. I know I've got a fucked up tendon on one of my feet, due to a similar accident to yours. I got run over by a twat with a flatbed. Pulled a tendon right good, he did.

Now, if I was in your position, and the boss laughed at me, I'd rip his arm off and beat him with the soggy end. And then as he sat there bleeding, I'd laugh at him.

Well, not really, but I'd run the thought through my head, and then they'd see a guy hobbling around with a stupid smirk on his face.

1:02 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

" You'll be fine."

no shit? I thought I was going to fucking die from it.

thanks doc!

Raine: the foot in question is WAY swelled up and bruised to shit, you can see it even with my sock on.

My mom took me to the hospital since she was going out anyway (and cause she's a mom) but I left after finding out it would be a very, very long wait to have it looked at.

I plan on seeing how it feels tonight and maybe leaving a bit early from work if it's shitty, then I'll try and get it looked at in the morning.

and then sue the pants off of super store.

and kill the boss.

2:37 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oooh, sue Superstore and then take me with you when you flee to a remote corner of the world.

3:02 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home