Monday, August 22, 2005

Well, here we are, Dan.

Well, my family (minus my older brother and myself) left for BC yesterday. They rented a big ass house boat (really).

We did that once when I was younger, only it was a smaller boat, but still a lot of fun. There is something real cool about living on a lake and just going wherever you wish.

This time, I decided I'd stay home, though.

I'm glad to be here alone right now. I like the peace and quiet and not having anybody here to bother me.

I can sit here and do nothing ALL day, and like it.

My family is close...But not REAL close...I don't think I could handle being so close to my family members for that long, which might sound sad or mean, but it's just how I am. I've sort of grown out of the whole "family trip" deal...or something.

Though there would have been plenty of time to do some fishing. Oh well.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

My family comes to me for a vacation.

But we be poor folk so the fact that they can even come down is like YEEHAW! ;) Ha.

Everyone knows my family is really close, so it's hard for me to relate sometimes, but I think I can kind of understand. Close quarters can be rough. No matter how much you love a person.

8:35 a.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

What???, houseboat, your nuts man. Family aside, cruising around in a houseboat on some big ass lake, has to be way better that this mundane shit hole we call existence. Even for a while.

8:39 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

Trevor, there's more kinds of vacation out there than just going someplace and doing something. I know a few people like Dan, who would like nothing more than an empty house to themselves, and lots of peace and quiet.

There are some days I'm like that, but I have a horrific wanderlust, and I can't stay in one place for too long before I want to go somewhere new for a while.

My "vacation" this year was the Westerdale trip I mentioned. It's nice out there. I should probably get the pics up so you guys can see.

8:56 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

Exactly Raine.

even if I had wanted to go, I didn't have much notice, so getting the week off from work would have been a pain in the ass, anyway.

I'm perfectly fine with being here, and feeling like the only person in the world right now.

now THAT, is a vacation.

2:18 a.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Mmm..I love being the only one home.

Until I hear something creepyass outside and get scared out of my mind.

5:57 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home