Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The Island....of product placement.

Went to see The Island with the boys tonight.

It was average, and about 45 minutes too fucking long. Michael Bay (still a wanker) is notorious for making films that run far too long. Not to mention making them mindless action films.

I think this is easily his best, but that isn't saying all too much. The concept is great, and could have been real cool...But no, let's just splice in some more shots of cars flipping over 3000 times and helicopters flying around.

Oh well, I knew what I was getting into. It was just good to spend some time with the guys.

I'd give the movie a 4 out of 10, and then I'd add a point for one simple reason:



Ahh, what the hell, let's have another.



Perfect.

7 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

She and hanging with you guys were the only reason i went to it, i never even knew what it was about. I heard about it vaguley. But yeah id have to agree with you if Michael Bay would spend more time developing a storyline and less time filming cars and shit exploding, it could of been awesome. I could easily see it dominating if it had more of a xfiles vibe to it, but i guess I will have to settle for the explosions.

on a side note, she is incredibley beautiful.

2:17 a.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

SIGH.


You guys are so...MALE.





But, she is pretty, yes.

8:46 a.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

AMAZINGly superficial.

*shrug*

Something about trying to hard to be sexy just makes it not.

Oooooh, look it me! I've got a dress that's two sizes too small, and paddies that would make McDonalds jealous! Does that make me sexy?

Pardon me. I'm suffering marketed sex-appeal burnout.

4:19 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

Yeah, but you don't have to go far to see that.

Any woman who does a photo shoot like that is going to be the same.

She's a naturally beautiful woman, though, and that is pretty much a fact.

5:31 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

sexy or not, i find her amazingly beautiful, she could be pictured in bear a suit, and id still find her extremly be beautiful. Just something about her eyes, same with Katie Holmes.

5:59 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

exactly.

Put her in a pink bunny suit, and film her eating dirt.

I'll still watch it.

6:40 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Hehe...sigh.

9:23 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home