Tuesday, August 02, 2005

A cheery wave from stranded youngsters

A couple weeks ago I picked up the Controller.Controller album "history". After at first hating the single of the same name I somehow fell in love with it and decided to see what the rest of the tracks were like.

Pretty awesome stuff. It's great, easily listenable, foot tapping rock with a distinct sound.

Add them to the growing list of Canadian bands worth listening to and keeping an eye on.

I've got a bunch of stuff written that I hope to have on my site very soon. The past while has not been kind to the creative side of my mind, I'm afraid, and so I've been reading and re-reading several very old, unfinished things and trying to spruce them up instead.

These old things bring back good and bad memories, as some of them are literally 2-3 years old. It's pretty interesting to see it all again and even more interesting to see the way they've changed and what they are now.

Anyway, it seems to have worked, a little. I'm putting the finishing touches on a few as I type this. I don't know which ones I'll actually post, but there should be something soon enough.

Not that anyone cares, mind you, but as I've said before, it's one of the few ways I can (or care to) express myself these days.

These days.

They are getting weirder and weirder.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

weirder and weirder, huh?

10:23 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

Why would someone post anonymously, and then link their blog?

Duhhhhhhhhh...

Weirder and weirder indeed.

I've been piling through my old stories and stuff that are half finished. The oldest is my handwritten novel, which is now 5 years old and still not completed. Honestly, if it was a child, it would be starting to talk, and that's just plain creepy.

I look forward to reading the stuff, and I understand the memories associated with this kind of thing. It's like a time capsule.

Christ. I could write something about writing something. That's some deep shit.

11:13 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home