Sunday, July 24, 2005

Puck

So, The NHL is going to be back on this season, and while it seems like most people don't give a shit, I for one am fucking glad.

In my house, watching the Oilers games on TV is sort of a family thing, not always of course, but when there is a game on, you'll most likely find us all gathered around the TV. When I'm not sleeping I like to join in.

I'm excited about all the new things and especially how small market teams like my Edmonton Oilers will actually be able to contend with the big guys now. It's going to make things a whole lot more interesting.
For the first time in years, we might actually be able to land some big name talent instead of having to rely on farm teams ALL of the time.

Stanley cup, here we come!

I mostly just want to see some more great Oilers VS Flames games, though. Those are always entertaining.

8 Comments:

Blogger D. said...

go play some more baseball, pansy.

11:42 a.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Hockey is just so...violent...

And manly...

Hehe, and totally ridiculous but kinda fun to watch..when you're at the arena.

11:58 a.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

baseball is for sissys soccer is where its at.

As for hockey I am indifferent, I like hockey, I cheer for the home team (Oilers) but overall it doesn’t rule me, maybe I am not Canadian enough. Same goes with my family no one really gives a crap. For me its more of a live thing, I cant be bothered to sit in front of a tv and watch it, if its live that’s great. That goes with any sport.

To be honest I liked it when there was none, for one simple reason, more bands played in Edmonton. You used to be lucky if you get one big act come to town a year, this last year its been nuts, Foo Fighters, System of a Down, Green Day, Motley Crue (twice), Sum 41, Pearl Jam, and the list goes on.

12:03 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

Well all those bands blow except for Pearl Jam and System of a Down (some) so screw that.

And yeah, I'm not really a HUGE hockey fan by any means, I'm just glad it's back. It offers me another way to be entertained every now and then.

12:06 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Yeah, it'll spare him all of the hours in front of the computer with me!

12:18 p.m.  
Blogger Horatio said...

Baseball is certainly not for sissies. Seeing as you literally risk your life everytime you step in the batter's box.

But whatever, it's nice to see hockey back. All I know is however friendly the new CBA, the Blackhawks will find some new way to shit all over themselves.

3:16 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

I'm hoping the Flames go for the Stanley cup again. Even though they didn't get it, there's never been a better excuse for booze and boobs in public areas.

The red mile, now THAT is what happens when stupid people celebrate.

5:29 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

That was awesome when the flames where going for the cup. I was driving around Calgary during the day of the final game. Honestly i have never seen such pride, ever. Every second car had the flames flag on it. It really made me appreciate hockey, and this great country of ours.

8:41 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home