Tuesday, July 12, 2005

The human race, pffff.

Yesterday I went to see War of the world with Bojangles. It was pretty good. I expected it to be a huge budget summer movie that completely sucked (remember independence day?) but it turned out to really impress me.

Say what you will about Spielberg, but the fact that he has a vision when making a film, and sticks to it (even with an sickeningly inflated budget) is great, and he can bring it to life like a lot of other directors cannot.

Oh, and I'm no advocate of special effects, either, but some of the stuff in this film is just fucking incredible to look at.

Cruise was great, Dakota Fanning was brilliant and it just made for a good, entertaining movie.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm still amazed it's taken you this long to go see it.

Please disregard the fact that I haven't seen it yet, as that is to be expected.

6:45 a.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

yeah i saw it a while back, the part i liked about it was the way it was filmed, its hard to describe, but it seemed bright and white (the best i can explain it). kind of refreshing in a way. I was impressed.

I am not usually a fan of cgi either, but it suited the film, it didnt really give of that fake vibe to much.

6:10 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

oh yeah

Alien Movies are awesome, but Alien movies with government conspiracies embeded into the plot line, are priceless.

6:11 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home