Thursday, June 23, 2005

The one that got away.

Yesterday I went fishing with my dad and younger brother. I caught 2 and had quite a time with a third...

It snapped my rod in two, cause a piece, as well as the line, to whip me across my face, and believe me when I tell you, it hurt like a mother fucker. I managed to reel it in, and got a glimpse of the monster before he dived a final time, taking my hook. Seriously, it was one of the fattest, hugest fish I've seen. Which makes sense...I mean fishing rods aren't supposed to shatter.

When it happened At first I thought my face was bleeding, it felt like it was on fire. It was a pretty strange and painful feeling.

Now, there is only a weird looking red mark under my left eye, and the side of my nose, but my face sure is sore, especially my nose.

Oh, and while we were loading the boat back up I asked my brother to pass me my cell phone …and wouldn't you know it, I dropped it in the lake. It was a piece of crap anyway, but still, it just shows you how well my day went.

Oh well, at least I provided my family with some laughs at my expense.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I hate it when I lose shit in a lake when I'm out fishing.

Yeah. Martina will not let me forget the time I let her beloved baseball cap fly off my head into the lake. (Replace fishing with boating though.) I maintain that I tried to stick my hand on top of it, but that I was a nano-second too late.


I'm glad you didn't do too much damage to your face. Even though a big ol' scar might've been kinda cool. If you ever had kids you could tell them all kinds of ridiculous stories on how you got it.

9:31 a.m.  
Blogger D. said...

I could still pummel your sorry ass.

11:02 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home