Saturday, June 11, 2005

More like Silversucky

For months and months now I've been waiting for the release of a film called High Tension (Haute Tension). Posters have been plastered around Silvercity, my main movie going theater and previews have been seen before several other films...Yet I checked showtimes and the goddamn movie isn't even playing there. Talk about a piss off. They've done this before too, with other films such as Fubar. Why advertise and hype a movie you aren't even going to show or make money off of?

there is a small chance the release date for Canada is different, or that something is wrong with their showtimes list, but I doubt it. I'm getting screwed again.

It seems they really like to do it with smaller or foreign films, which, strangely enough are the ones that I'm most likely to spend my money on.

Idiots.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

It's playing at a pretty nice theater near me.

You should come down. :) I might even go with you to see it.

But you'd probably have to hold my eyes open.

2:16 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

Well, at least you all bother to go see the movies. For how far I have to dig into my pockets, it's really not worth the trip. Especially not now that Famous Players has been bought out, and can now charge $15+ a show without even batting an eye.

Robbery, that's what it is.

8:54 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

No kidding!!

It's $9.50 USD to go to a movie now! TEN BUCKS! Which is why I almost never go.

But...seeing a film in the theater can be worth it. Kill Bill, for instance, must have been amazing on the big screen.

I'm glad Boulder has a theater that shows independent films though. Without it I wouldn't have been able to see Before Sunset when it first came out, which would have been the end. THE END.

10:02 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

Yeah, movies are expensive, but to me it is worth it. Movies are a huge part of my life, and I have no other bad habits, so I spend my extra cash on being entertained for a few hours a week.

Plus the famous players theaters around here actually DROPPED ticket prices, if you can believe it.

6:23 a.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

It's kind of a paradoxical balance D, while your ticket prices have dropped, mine have been raised by $1.50 at two out of the three theatres near my house (across two years, of course). All that, and then you get the movie moguls complaining about losing profits, and bitching that their theatres were empty. So then they jack up prices again to make up the bottom line.

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. It's like Bush's take on how to solidify peace by declaring war.

8:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home