Saturday, May 21, 2005

It hurts so good.

I have been getting these little, yet incredibly frequent and annoying headaches lately. They just sort of sit there in the very back of my head, kind of near the base of my neck.

I don't do anything about them, just sort of deal with it. In fact, I can't remember the last time I took a Tylenol or Aspirin..or any such pill in order to snuff out the pain. It has, quite literally, been years.

I don't consider myself all that health conscious, yet I am very, very stubborn when it comes to medicating. I just don't really see a need for it, 99% of the time. It seems headaches and other minor pains are somewhat natural, and the body is more than capable of dealing with them.

I'm also more than a little paranoid about what exactly is in said pills, and how and why it affects people.

People these days are pill crazy. At the slightest hint of a headache or something else, they reach for the bottle. I know people like this.

That has never seemed right to me...actually, I see it is pretty damn crazy. Though I'm sure many would tell me that sitting here with a throbbing pain in the back of my head and not being too bothered by it is just as crazy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I reach for the bottle so I can sleep.
And I reach for the bottle when my sinuses are in so much distress that I could sob from the pain.
Or if the cramps are so intense I want to die.

THERE YOU ARE.

Your stubborn-ness is cute.

And fucking obnoxious sometimes.

But again.

Endearing.




PS Turns out the strange/creepy sounds are opera. Thus, I conclude that opear sounds freaky-eerie-ass at a distance.

9:42 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

If the pain isn’t intense or if I can bare with it, I usually wont take anything, but if I get one of my trademark headaches if I don’t take something, ill literally die.

What’s in it doesn’t really bother me; I just don’t really enjoy swallowing pills, and doctors meh, if your sick drink Nyquil and sleep.

10:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home