Sunday, May 15, 2005

For sale:

One Ibanez GSR 200 bass guitar. Barely touched, well kept, frustrating to play.



Seriously though, I really, really want to be good at it. Most people will say "just keep playing and practicing" thing is, I get discouraged easily, when I can't make the sound I want to make or play the line I want to play.

I know pretty much nothing about it, I just sort of do what feels right, and while there really isn't anything wrong with that, I am seriously considering lessons at least to get down some elementary stuff.

I've had the guitar for two years now and I can probably count the number of times I've sat down and actually played for more then a couple minutes on one hand.

I get inspired every now and then, but it doesn't seem to take me very far. I don't know, I should probably just keep at it, no matter how horrid it sounds.


3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

And then I encourage you to keep playing. And feel amazed that I remember when you got it, and that that was two years ago.

My hero.

Hehe, seriously, keep playing Danny-o. Just as you are inherently strange, I am inherently full of faith in you.

Awww Hallmark moment.

9:43 a.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Dude…. Don’t give up, it’s hard at first but once you get the basics it’s pretty easy. Here is what you should do. Give it to me for say a month or so. Ill figure out some of the basics, learn a few tabs off the net, and try to show you, But Seriously, don’t sell it.

A few years back I got a DVD for Christmas called “Playing guitar for Dummies” it taught me how to play some stupid songs like “London Bridge” and some other weird ones. Most importantly though it laid down the basics for me, maybe they have the same for bass. Don’t give up my good man.

I still have hope that one day the shit fucks will fly.

11:02 a.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

Replace "bass guitar" with "upright piano." Yeah. I know, there's no saving me now.

Keep it. I'm thinking of getting an Acoustic and Electric sometime in the near future. I might need someone to help me cut my teeth.

11:14 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home