Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Title goes here.

I saw The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy last night with Trevor.

I'll say it was good enough to watch and sit through, but by no means excellent. I'd say it's borerline mediocre.

The problem is, the books are constantly going off on tangents and switching gears, which is part of their charm, this type of craziness does not necessarily convert all too well to movie form, so instead we get to see a few of the funny bits, less of the crazy bits.. and we're treated to what feels like some overdone love story between Arthur and Trillian.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Douglas Adams is rolling in his grave (like some critics) but I feel his cleverness is certainly all too bastardized in this film version.

Then again, what did everyone expect?

Worth seeing, but still glad I only spent $5 on it.

11 Comments:

Blogger Geoff said...

Well, at least you got in for a decent price, D. I had to pay $12 for opening night.

That's $12 that I could have better spent on a flat of Jones and some Fuzzy Peaches.

11:59 a.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I really need to read those books.

I had a feeling that the movie wouldn't live up to its potential. (Not that I know what its potential could have been first hand.)

8:12 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

It was pretty mediocre, funny at times. But overall it seemed kind of bland, over the top that kind of stuff. Although that sperm whale and pot of petunias was hilarious, same with watching the dolphins being sucked up into the sky. I think I’m actually going to attempt the books.

8:27 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

by the way D, Awesome Banner.

8:32 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

Indeed. If you don't mind my ignorance, how did you get that banner up there? I've had nothing but trouble (it keeps scrunching mine).

11:45 a.m.  
Blogger D. said...

ah, don't worry. I had to ask Trevor for help.

Just go to the edit template page and delete all the stuff between the div id="header" (near the bottom of the page), link to your file and center it using the center tags.

Though if you can get yours displayed and it just looks scrunched, it might be another issue, I'm not sure.

1:53 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

What ARE the center tags anyway? [Not knowing] It has been driving me fucking insane for going on three years now.

7:56 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

center /center

inside HTML tags, naturally, it won't let me post them in true HTML form.

8:04 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

Thanks D., Trevor. It worked, and after some hardcore stylesheet modification, it actually looks good.

8:33 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Okay, I have tried the center/center thing and it never works.

12:33 a.m.  
Blogger D. said...

Sounds like a personal problem.

6:02 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home