Thursday, April 28, 2005

Clicky clicky.

I went out and finally got a new digital camera yesterday.

After a bit of research and some hands on time, I settled for the Canon PowerShot SD300 Digital Elph.

It was either a higher end 4 megapixel or a low end 5 or 6, and since most would be hard pressed to even tell the difference (I don't print or blow up my photos) I settled for this.

Not only is it one sleek looking camera, it's incredibly compact. Smaller than an Ipod, which is pretty remarkable considering it's a camera producing some awesome looking images.

I'm still nerding out over all the features and modes, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of everything eventually.

Here are some quick shots of random stuff. (compressed and size reduced, of course)

The dog

Part of the backyard.

7 Comments:

Blogger Geoff said...

You've made a good choice in camera. It's almost impossible to get a bad shot with the ELPH, and although it lacks some of the features and adaptability of its larger SLR cousins, it's still an amazing gizmo.

1:25 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Awesome man, i aswell am looking for a new camera/Computer. Let me know how it handles. Can you change resolution settings on it or is it just one standard size?

5:36 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

"Puppy dog!!"

I actually yelled that out.

HE IS SO HANDSOME!

I am going to come and steal him away.

Molson will be mine.

I have a knack for adopting animals, ya know. Right out from underneath their rightful owners.

Make sure mom knows that her backyard is beautiful. So, so very beautiful.

God. To live out like that. Without being completely in the boonies.

It's perfect.

You're one lucky bastard, ya know it?

5:55 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

PS That is one sexy camera. Nice job. Just imagine how hot your desk would be with it hooked up to the G5 iMac. Mmm...with a wireless white keyboard and mouse. And your wireless router elsewhere in the house. So. Erotic.










Hahaha...I couldn't get more ridiculous if I tried. I promise I won't.

5:59 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Hmmm...;)

9:38 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

haha.

And yeah, trevor, you can change resolutions, which I think is great, the default size is fucking HUGE.

I prefer a smaller 1024 x 768, and I think it can go even smaller than that, as well, for standard photos.

12:01 a.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

With the storage media what it is these days, you'd be best just leaving it at max resolution. I was impressed by the ELPH's noise control at higher ISO's (it goes to 400, which is decent for most purposes). Usually when a camera amplifies image tones by so much, you can barely tell what the picture is, but with the ELPH, it's hardly noticable at minimum rez and max ISO.

Oh, and by the way, consider your blog linked. Welcome aboard the T-storm blogroll.

4:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home