Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Free like the wind

I just finished watching House Of Flying Daggers (Shi mian mai fu) and I have to say, it is one fantastic film.

It is filled with an incredible amount of beauty, even simple scenes are just FILLED with colour, add to that some of the most Brilliant cinematography I've seen, as well as complex and intense fight scenes and you've got a hell of a movie.

It is similar to Crouching Tiger and from the director of Hero...Just, a whole lot better, I think.

After watching something like this, I realize it's getting harder and harder to have to settle for the generic crap some Hollywood studios push on us.

Some argue these "martial arts" films offer nothing but style, though I have to disagree.... The Funny thing is, a film like this could get away with that and still be better than most other films being released these days.

foreign films that are as fanastically made as this deserve to be seen and praised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home