Thursday, April 21, 2005

I'm in love.

I met her months ago, since that day I've stayed up into the early morning hours playing with her, getting to know her.

I've gotten into this routine where I need to see her everyday or something feels terribly off.

Her name is World of Warcraft

For those not in the know WoW is a "massively multiplayer online RPG" in which you create a character, choosing from several classes and races and then proceed to go on adventures and quests.


I cannot describe how incredibly addicting this game is. Roaming the beautiful looking environments and killing baddies in order to level up or find rare items is just a small part of the fun. There is just so much to do and the game is just SO alive with other players and characters. It's just like another world to live in.

With two characters combined (a Level 34 human warrior and a level 23 undead Rogue) I've amassed slightly over 5 days of gameplay time, and I'm not even close to tiring of it yet.

It's THAT huge


Some people have drugs or alcohol as addictions, but I think I've found mine in something else.

I just wish my friends Ryan and Trevor Would/could join me.

Maybe one day.

Now if you'll excuse me... My love awaits.

4 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

I know that feeling, I was like that with resident evil 4 loosing hours of sleep. I beat it and I still enjoy going through it. World of War craft looks awesome, I was looking at it the other day the only problem is

A.) How does it handle on dialup, Diablo 2 was kind of choppy for me
B.) System requirements, I have P4 and lots of memory but my graphics card is 5 years out of date, and it chugs like a bastard trying run Max Payne, mainly when there is lots of fire.

Either way this summer I am upgrading, and the top games on my PC list being Doom 3, Max Payne 2 and World of War Craft. Then buddy well have some multi player mayhem.

12:34 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

It's actually pretty smooth on dialup. The only shitty part are the patches, but they aren't that huge.

I don't think you even need a real fancy graphics card to play, either. I get a bit of chop on mine, but I haven't even bothered to turn down the settings.

1:49 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

maybe, but i remember when i tried to install silent hill, it spit the install disc out and told me my computer was to slow to run it, After that i am leary about pc games. I guess thats why they put system requirments on the side of box :)

4:00 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Awww, you said that about me once.

9:23 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home