Saturday, April 16, 2005

Oh! How the Dogs Stack Up

I've been having a complete lack of imaginative thoughts lately.

I've got close to 10 short stories and a few crappy poems, as well as countless little ideas laying around that are all unfinished.

Some of these suckers date back over 2 years, it's insane. Some are very close to being done or good enough to call done, but, well, you already know the rest.

I've got little notes scribbled down on scraps of paper, and they decorate my room. If anyone picked them up and read 'em, they might think I was crazy.

Eventually I'm sure I'll get inspiration, it always comes at the strangest times, hence the notes, as I'm usually nowhere near a computer.

Two random, but similar thoughts:

1. The new Weezer song is one of the most god-awful things I've ever heard.

2. Almost as bad as that newest Robin Black song, or any Robin Black song. Jesus Christ where do they come up with this shit? And why do people seem to like it?

It's no wonder I usually avoid Much Music like I do playing in traffic. The time I do turn it on, I'm treated to those two songs back to back, and the only thing worse than the songs are the horrible videos made for them.

good work, guys.

2 Comments:

Blogger Geoff said...

I recognise your creative dillemma. It's been happening to a lot of people, myself included. My only suggestions are to try your hand at a new creative from, such as drawing, etc (you don't have to be good at it, just something you enjoy but never do). Also, if you're looking for some new music, I recommend Funeral by The Arcade Fire. Canadian Band, good for the soul.

9:33 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

That actually sounds like a good idea, I might try it.

Also, I wanted to say I agree with you about the Arcade Fire, I picked up that album a while ago and it is truly fantastic. Great band, beautiful music. I hope they keep it up.

6:12 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home