Friday, April 29, 2005

What goes around...

I came across this While doing my daily news check.

An excerpt:
-----------------------------------------
"One witness told the court in Arusha in northern Tanzania that Muhimana had once used a machete to rip the abdomen of a pregnant Tutsi woman and cut out the fetus. The baby cried beside its mother's corpse before it died."
-----------------------------------------

To think that something as sickening as genocide can even happen makes my head spin.
To think that any human being could take part in it fills me with a rage that is very rarely matched.

27 rapes (I'd bet on more) and countless murders later Mika Muhimana can rot in a prison cell for the rest of his pathetic life.

To say justice has been served to the families and friends of those who died would be a lie. This in no way makes up for the acts which have been committed, However, one can't hope but feel glad that such a human being has been finally reduced to what he deserves.

also:
--------------------------
"It brings to 22 the number of people found guilty by the tribunal. Three have been acquitted and another 16 await trial."
-------------------------
16 await trial? I wonder how long they have been waiting? These acts occurred some, what? 10 years ago?

I'd vent my frustrations with the U.N. and question the way in which the tribunal runs, but as they say.. Something is better than nothing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

That pisses me off, but then you sit back and realize. The world creates an organization like the U.N. and gives them fuck all for power. They are pretty much useless so I don’t expect much of them anymore; I had faith in them up until Iraq. There just puppets for the highest bidder.

I think its wrong, justice should have been served, I don’t believe in the death penalty, but this makes me re-examine my beliefs.

8:43 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

The UN stems from an idealistic desire for justice and equality, but then the pride and unwillingness to submit to it.

I'm all for giving the UN more teeth for dealing with situations like this, albeit my words in cyberspace mean about as much as a child's voice in a shootout.

12:26 a.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I think life in prison is a worse sentence than death.

Death is an escape.

And they would probably love an escape more than they would life in a cell with several other lunatics of varying degrees.

12:16 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home